The ALLA (SA Division) represents librarians and information professionals working in courts, universities, government departments and law firms.
ALLA (SA Division) Inc. aims are:
- To support and promote the interests and activities of legal information professionals in South Australia
- To communicate with Members of the Division to foster a spirit of cooperation among members
- To communicate with Members on issues of state and national significance
- To represent Members at national level, and to contribute to the activities and assist in achieving the objectives of the National Association.
- To support and promote the interests and issues of law libraries, law collections and legal information services in the South Australian community
- To promote cooperation with other organisations and societies in South Australia.
- To promote the professional development of Members by the further education and training of law librarians, legal information officers and others through the:
- organisation of meetings and seminars
- publication of information relevant to Members
- encouragement of study and research in law and law librarianship