Annual Fellowship Program
The ALLA Ltd Board are delighted to announce 2 $1500 fellowships awards are available to attend the Australian Law Librarians Association (including complimentary registration). Applications close 3 April 2017, 5pm AEST.
Stay tuned - An additional 3 fellowships will be offered in April 2018.
The fellowship is not intended that the Association cover the whole cost of attending the conference.
How to Apply
Requirements for Successful Applicants
- Successful applicants must commit the funding to attend a conference within the calendar year of receiving the award. If the award is not taken up within the timeframe, the funding and registration will be void.
- The successful recipient will reimburse ALLA of the funding in full, should they not fulfil the obligations of the fellowship program.
- Fellowship recipients are responsible for arranging all travel (including visas and passports), accommodation, insurance, and where required, registration.
- Successful applicants are required to submit an article to the Australian Law Librarian Journal within 12 weeks of returning from the conference.
Criteria for Applications
In order for the Committee to make a decision, applicants are expected to submit a detailed application explaining their particular interest in attending the conference of their choice. In awarding a fellowship the Committee may base its decision on a number of factors including:
- The quality of the application, including reference to the conference programme and specific sessions of interest.
- The ability of the applicant to be a good ambassador of ALLA and Australian law librarians through their intent to participate and engage in the international conference.
- Whether, or not, an applicant has received an ALLA scholarship or fellowship in recent years. Preference may be given to those who have not benefited from a bursary in the past.
Applications will be considered by the Fellowship Committee.
The Fellowship Committee will consist of four people: National Vice President (Committee Chair), one board member, and two general members sought through the Divisional Presidents.
Of the four committee members, the National Vice President will only vote in the in the event of a tie.
Past Recipients of Previous ALLA Fellowships
2017 - Lucy Brown, Louise Langridge, Margaret Hutchinson
2016 -Holger Aman, NSW Law Courts Library
2015 - Eleni Christofi, Arnold Bloch Leibler
2014 - Jolie Cook, Fisher Jeffries Gadens
2013 - Justine Hyde, Interim Director, Law Library of Victoria
2012 - Amanda Surrey, Manager, Group Legal, BHP Billiton
2011 - Debbie Bennett, Manager, NSW Law Courts Library