Australian Law Librarian
The Australian Law Librarian is the official journal of the Association. Published quarterly, it contains articles of interest to those working within the field of legal librarianship and the legal information service sector. It also provides a vehicle for information sharing amongst divisions of the ALLA as well as serving as a forum for discussion of issues related to legal publishing.
The Australian Law Librarian is published with the assistance of Thomson Reuters Australia.
The Australian Law Librarian sponsors:
- The Ted Glasson Prize - awarded annually to the author of the best article published in the Australian Law Librarian. See details and Guidelines on the Ted Glasson Prize page
- The Petal Kinder Memorial IALL fellowship – this annual fellowship provides $2000 to assist the recipient attend the annual course of the International Association of Law Libraries (IALL), which is held in a different country each year. See more details of this and other available fellowships on the Annual Fellowship Program page.
Full Text Online Access
- Volumes 1 (1993) to current are available in full text on Hein Online's Law Journal Library (subscription service). Access to the Journal on HEIN Online is FREE for ALLA members. Articles are PDF replicas of the original print articles.
- Vols 1-9 (1991 - 2001) are available on AustLII (open access).
- AGIS (subscription service) on the INFORMIT platform comprehensively indexes the Journal from vol 26(3) 2018 to current ie: all articles are now indexed. The Journal is selectively indexed on AGIS from vol 1(1993) to vol 26(2) (2018).
Editors & Advertising: Robin Gardner and Fiona MacDowall