Friends of ALLA
The Australian Law Librarians' Association retains close ties with international law librarian associations, national and international library associations, as well as legal publishers and legal service providers.
ALLA has signed memoranda of understandings with the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) and the Special Libraries Association (SLA). Details of these agreements are below:
In January 2010, ALLA and ALIA signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to endorse the partnership between the associations.
Under the MOU, ALLA and ALIA will:
- work cooperatively in areas of mutual benefit and interest to each organisation;
- collaborate on professional development opportunities; and
- share knowledge and take joint action where appropriate on issues relating to advocacy.
In March 2015, this MOU was again endorsed by ALIA and ALLA.
Access the ALIA/ALLA MOU (signed March 2015).
Visit the ALIA website to view ALIA professional development events and courses.
In August 2015, ALLA and the SLA signed a MOU to endorse the partnership between the associations.
Under the MOU, the SLA and ALLA agree to:
- Work together to identify areas of common interest nationally and internationally.
- Develop collaborative responses to lobbying and advocacy issues.
- Share information and investigate possible joint research opportunities.
- Promote the value of professional expertise in the information sector and explore opportunities to recognise members' ongoing learning
- At the discretion of the Executive Director or President, each will offer the organisation's members the member rate for their events, including the SLA Annual Conference, SLA Australia and New Zealand Chapter events, and ALLA conferences and events.
Access the SLA/ALLA MOU (signed August 2015).