ALLA Law Librarian of the Year
The ALLA Law Librarian of the Year Award recognises an outstanding law librarian or information professional who is nominated by their peers. Nominees are measured on the value of the service provided to ALLA and to the legal information profession as a whole. To see the background and history of this award and a list of recipients up until 2019, see 'ALLA Award and Scholarship Recipients: From Inception Until 2019' (2019) 27(4) Australian Law Librarian 257-258.
ALLA Law Librarian of the Year Application Deadline
Applications for 2021 are now closed.
The ALLA National Board will consider all nominations. The award will be given to an individual librarian or technician who, in the opinion of the Board, has made a significant contribution to the work of ALLA and/or the legal information profession. The award will be announced at the 2021 ALLA Conference.
Questions? Please contact ALLA Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2020 - Rosemary Patching, Legal Knowledge Technician, MinterEllison (Vic)
- 2019 - Georgia Livissianos, National Manager, Library and Information Services, Federal Court of Australia (SA)
- 2018 - Robin Gardner, Academic Research Service, University of Melbourne Law School (VIC)
- 2017 - No nominations
- 2016 - Jointly awarded to Louise Langridge, Librarian, Piper Alderman, Adelaide and Lucy Brown, Library Manager, DW Fox Tucker, Adelaide (SA)
- 2015 - Alison Jones, Librarian, Meyer Vandenberg, Canberra (ACT)
- 2014 - Lisa Paul, Library Service Manager, Ashurst, Brisbane (QLD)
- 2010 - 2013 No nominations
- 2009 - Law Research Service, University of Melbourne Law School (VIC)
- 2008 - Mark Powell, Manager, Australian Government Solicitor, Melbourne Library (VIC)
- 2007 - Karyn Gladwish, Director Library Services, The Lionel Murphy Library, Attorney-General's Department (ACT)
- 2006 - Di Thompson, Librarian, South Australian Legal Services Commission (SA)
* Required field