ALLA Awards - Nominations Open
30 October, 2015 at 6:53 AM
The ALLA Board is pleased to invite nominations for the following awards:
1. ALLA Law Librarian of the Year Award 2015
This award will be given to an individual librarian or technician who, in the opinion of the Scholarship and Awards Committee, has made a significant contribution to the work of ALLA and/or the legal information profession.
Further information: https://alla.asn.au/membership/resources/bursaries-awards/law-librarian-year-award/
2. ALLA Gem of the Year Award 2015
The aim of this award is to recognise outstanding best practice in the field of legal information and education by:
- Recognising and rewarding excellence and innovation in customer relations
- Promoting awareness of how customer relations initiatives can benefit information professional and suppliers alike
- Encouraging high quality communication
- Promoting best practice
Further information: https://alla.asn.au/membership/resources/bursaries-awards/alla-gem-year-award/
3. ALLA Legal Information Service of the Year Award 2015
This award rewards the dedicated performance and outstanding service given by legal information services, law libraries and those teams managing legal collections and services. These awards are unique as they recognise the value and importance of dedicated team work within our sector.
4. Life Membership of the Australian Law Librarians' Association
All nominations will be reviewed by a selection panel and the decision of the panel will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
As there is no conference in 2015, it is intended to make the awards at end of year functions if practical. In 2016 the awards will be made at the 2016 conference at the State Library of Victoria.